How John Hill Students are using the 7 Habits
John Hill School is a Leader in Me school. We believe a focus on helping students identify and utilize their own leadership abilities helps them function well at school and in other aspects of their life. Some ways students may demonstrate their personal leadership are listed below.
John Hill Students are Proactive by…
- Arriving to school five minutes early and being prepared to start their day.
- Obeying school rules and showing courtesy to others.
- Cleaning up an area before leaving (classroom, gym, and cafeteria).
John Hill Students Begin with the End in Mind by…
- Doing their best work.
- Attending school every day.
- Dressing appropriately for school.
John Hill Students Put First Things First by…
- Turning in assignments on time.
- Having great attendance.
- Setting time aside for homework and getting it completed on time.
John Hill Students Think Win Win by…
- Looking for good solutions to solve conflicts.
- Taking care of the school building and the equipment inside the school.
- Taking care of text books and other school materials.
John Hill Students Seek First to Understand, Then be Understood by…
- Listening to the ideas of others.
- Talking positively to staff, visitors and peers.
- Showing in action that another’s perspective is understood.
John Hill Students Synergize by…
- Working together with adults and other students as they learn and grow.
- Playing cooperatively at recess and during other group activities.
- Participating and sharing ideas.
John Hill Students Sharpen the Saw by…
- Being active in all gym classes and recess.
- Pursuing and developing talents and abilities in and out of school.
- Finding meaningful ways to help others at school and in our community.