The new school year brings an updated website for managing students' lunch accounts -- and the new feature to pay for field trips and other fees. It's a seamless transition since everything from the old system (PayForIt) is carried over to PaySchoolsCentral.com.
The computer fee of $40.00 has been assessed for all students. The fee is reduced to $10 for students who are eligible for reduced-price meals, and it is reduced to $0.00 for students eligible for free meals. To apply for free/reduced meals, login to the parent portal. Click on “Meal Application” listed on the left, and complete the form. A user guide is available.
Please note several things about this process:
- The fee is per device - not per household, due to repair/replacement costs.
- The district will provide each device with a protective cover to minimize damage.
- Regardless of whether or not you qualify for the free or reduced insurance payment, everyone is responsible for damage which is determined to be negligent or intentional should a device be damaged or needs replacement.
- Please refer to Policy 7523 for all related information about district-issued devices to students.
- Please emphasize the safe handling and care of these units to minimize damage which might otherwise be avoidable (thank you).
If you choose to use PaySchoolsCentral.com for paying this fee, the district will absorb the service fee. Or if you prefer to pay by check, please mail it to Boonton Public Schools, Attn: Business Office, 434 Lathrop Ave, Boonton NJ 07005.
School Business Administrator