Registration of New Students
Central Registration is located at the Boonton Board of Education, 434 Lathrop Avenue, Boonton, NJ, 07005. This location handles registration for ALL grade levels. Registration is by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an enrollment appointment or call (973) 335-9700 ext. 8001.
For all school registrations:
1. Complete the linked Online Pre-Registration Form prior to coming to the school.
2. Read below for important information about documentation that parents will need to present at the time of registration.
3. Once the required documentation is gathered, contact the registration office to schedule an appointment to complete your child's registration. All required documentation must be submitted at the time of registration.
Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before October 1 and children entering 1st grade must be 6 years of age on or before October 1.
Please click here for Kindergarten and New Student Entrance Requirements
A parent or legal guardian must be present to register student(s) and provide picture ID. Parents wishing to enroll their children should present the following documents at the time of registration:
High school students residing in Lincoln Park must bring the documents noted below to the Lincoln Park Board of Education prior to registering at Boonton High School.
1. Original Birth Certificate
2. Home Language Survey Please Download, Print, Fill Out and Bring to your Scheduled Appointment
3. Student-Athlete Residency Affidavit - Required for High School Students only. Must be notarized.
4. Proof of Immunizations (view NJ vaccination requirements)
5. Health History
For Grades PK-8 - SSS & JHS - Download Universal Child Health Record (Must be completed by parent and physician, dated within the last 6 months) Kindergarten Entrance Requirements
For Grades 9-12 - BHS - Download Health History Form
6. Current Property Tax bill or Current Mortgage Statement (if parent owns the property, skip to #9)
7. Full Original Current Lease (all pages) in parent's name (if parent rents the property) - signed by landlord and tenant ** See below
8. If you rent your home, renewal lease with current dates and signed by landlord and tenant (if current dates are not already shown on original lease - dates must encompass all or part of the current school year).
9. Two (2) of the following in the parent's name & resident address
- Driver's License
- Utility bill (current) (electric, gas, water, cable)
- Insurance bill (current)
- Bank statement (current)
- Credit card statement (current)
10. Report cards and standardized test scores. For High School, transcripts or all high school report cards are required.
** IF necessary, numbers 7 and 8 can be replaced with an affidavit and supporting affidavit documentation. An affidavit is only needed if the lease is not in the parent's name and/or if the home is not in the parent's name. If that is the situation and the home or lease is in someone else's name, then an affidavit is required. Please contact Central Registration by email email@example.com or call 973-335-9700 ext. 8001 to obtain a copy of the correct affidavit.
Initial determination of eligibility for admission to the Boonton School District is subject to more thorough review and a re-evaluation. There is a potential for assessment of tuition in the event that an initially admitted student is later found ineligible pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:28-2.6.
Please answer every question.
Link for Online Pre-registration