In the event that the district does not have enough preschool "seats" for all of our children, we will use a lottery system for 2021-2022.
If your child is 3 years old on or before October 1st, 2021 you can submit his/her name via our Boonton Preschool Lottery Form. If you experience technical difficulties or require a paper lottery enrollment form, please contact Judy Sorochynskyj at 973.335.9700 x 8009 or via email <email@example.com>.
We will hold the lottery drawing on December 17th @ 9:00 AM at the Administration Building, 434 Lathrop Avenue. You do not need to be present for the drawing. Results will be emailed directly. Every entrant will receive a number in the order their name was drawn. We will fill our 10 preschool classrooms as follows:
1. Those 3 year-old Boonton resident students in our preschool program in 2020-21 will be automatically enrolled as 4 year-olds in 2021-2022. Thus if your 3 year-old is currently enrolled in preschool, you do NOT have to participate in the lottery. If you will have another child turning 3 by October 1st 2021, your second child automatically will have a spot in the preschool program. You must email Judy Sorochynskyj at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's information by December 16th for a spot to also be held for your second child. You DO NOT need to complete the lottery form for either child.
2. Please submit one lottery entry for each of your eligible preschool children. If you have twins, please submit one entry for each child.
3. If your child gets a seat in our preschool program and has a sibling who was also in the lottery, both children will be admitted. Siblings refers to brother/sister/twins of 3 and 4 year old children only.
4. You will be notified via email of your child's status once the drawing is held. Those children who do not get a seat immediately will be put on a waitlist in the order of their assigned number via the lottery process.
5. Any additional children (e.g.: new residents to Boonton) who were not in the lottery will be put on the waitlist AFTER those who participated in the lottery.
6. Children with special needs/IEP's do NOT participate in the lottery. As per NJDOE code, your child will automatically have a seat in our preschool program and receive any/all related services specified in their IEP.
7. If your child will be 5 years-old on or before October 1st, 2021, you will need to register him/her for Kindergarten.