Frequently Asked Preschool Questions about Preschool
1. Do I have to be a Boonton resident to enroll my child in the preschool program?
Yes, you must be a Boonton resident to attend the Boonton Preschool program. The registration process which you have to follow can be found here. Please note you must provide all required proofs of residency in order for your child to attend the preschool program.
2. What is the tuition cost the preschool program?
As of 2018 - 2019, the Boonton Preschool program is free for all Boonton residents.
3. How old does my child have to be to participate in the program?
For the 2023 - 2024 school year, your child must be 3 years old on or before October 1, 2023. If your child turns 5 years old on or before October 1, 2023, you must register your child for Kindergarten.
4. Does my child have to be toilet trained to enroll in preschool?
No, your child does not need to be toilet trained to participate in our preschool program. Our staff will work with you to continue the training while he/she is in school.
5. How long is the preschool program?
The program is 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. Preschool follows the school calendar for all school breaks and early dismissals. Opening and dismissal times may vary by location.
6. Is before or aftercare available for my preschool child?
Yes. The district offers both before and aftercare programs. These are fee-based additional programs which you can learn more about here.
7. Does my child have to attend 5 days a week?
Yes, this is a full day, five days a week program. All students are expected to attend everyday provided they are not sick.
8. Where will the preschool classes be held during the 2023 - 2024 school year?
We anticipate having 10 preschool classrooms for the 2023 - 2024 school year. Three at School Street School, 2 at John Hill School, 2 in the Annex adjacent to the Administration building and 3 at Boonton High School.
9. Will parent preference be taken into consideration for placement of my child?
We will collect parent preference for which location you would prefer, and will do our best to honor those preferences. Please understand that we may not be able to accomodate each request.
10. How does my child get selected for the preschool program?
If your child is a current 3 year old in our program, they will automatically have a spot in the program. If you have a child staying in the program for 2023-2024 and another child turning 3 on or before October 1, 2023 your 3 year old will automatically have a spot as well. You must email Judy Sorochynskyj at judy.sorochynskyj@
boontonschools.org with your child's information by December 20th, 2022 for a spot to also be held for your second child. You DO NOT need to complete the lottery form for either child. Otherwise, all new enrollees will complete the lottery form click here by December 18th. After December 20, 2022 please email Judy Sorochynskyj at firstname.lastname@example.org to be place on the waitlist.
11. How does the lottery work?
For more information on the lottery process click here.
12. What curriculum is used with the preschoolers?
We implement the State approved, Tools of the Mind curriculum in our preschool classrooms.
13. Do the preschoolers have nap time during their day?
Yes, there is nap time every day after lunch.
14. Is there bussing available between the two schools for my preschooler?
No, Boonton is not a bussing district and does not provide transportation for general education students.
15. Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact Judy Sorochynskyj at 973-335-9700 ext 8009 or by email email@example.com