Welcome to the BHS School Counseling Department
Our mission as school counselors is to provide a comprehensive, developmentally, age-appropriate school counseling program that is aligned with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) national standards. The program will provide students with the framework to be lifelong learners. By forming meaningful partnerships with students, faculty, families, community members of Boonton and Lincoln Park, we will empower our students to become successful, fulfilled, contributing members of our society.
The counselors at BHS believe that every student can learn; each student is equipped with a set of unique skills that can be utilized for academic success personal/social development, and effective post –secondary planning.
BOONTON HIGH SCHOOL
306 Lathrop Avenue
Boonton, NJ 07005
CEEB Code: 310130
Please meet our School Counselors by navigating to their dedicated page
Check out our Virtual Calm Room for various tools and videos of brief exercises like meditation, breathing, yoga, brain breaks, positive affirmations, and more for you to follow along with!
Follow us on Instagram for important BHS Updates and inspirational photos @bhscounselingnj
BHS School Counselors handle issues such as but not limited to:
- Individual counseling and advisement including; resolving conflicts, specific student concerns (grades, peer pressure, academic support etc.)
- Obtaining access to the Realtime student portal
- Post-secondary planning
- Navigating Naviance / Family Connections to assist with college planning
- Coordinating meeting with parent, teacher and student to address issues/concerns in class
- Referrals — providing referrals to appropriate professionals in the schools and in the outside community